Our Ph.D program in Computer Science is research-oriented and integrated with the Master in Computer Science. It is focused in four lines of investigation, namely: bio-inspired algorithms, models of machine learning, bioinformatics and biomedicine, and data science and applied mathematics. Our program is strongly supported by the activity carried out within four Strategic Research Focus Group (SRFG): Intelligent Systems, Bioinformatics, Machine Learning Models, and Optimization and Data Science.
General Program Objectives
* Tecnológico de Monterrey is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (+1) 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Tecnológico de Monterrey
** See the accreditation’s validity of our programs and their benefits in accordance with CONACYT’s provisions, at Mexico’s National Quality Graduate Programs official website.
The PhD program in Computer Science is designed for candidates with proven academic ability, creativity, motivation and potential to carry out research projects that culminate in original works that contribute to enrich the field of information technology and computer science.
In the case of DCC, there is an adequate mechanism for selecting applicants that considers the relevant aspects to identify the academic and research profile, necessary for an outstanding performance.
Comply with the comprehensive evaluation required in the admission process, through an interview conducted by the admissions committee of the graduate program. In addition, the following is necessary:
* The admission process may change without prior notice from the Admissions Committee
** Admission is the first step: then you can enroll in your graduate program of interest.
Tecnológico de Monterrey seeks to integrate in all its graduate programs a new generation of students who have completed their undergraduate studies and who are distinguished by being: talented people, enthusiastic, committed to the development of their environment and the well-being of society; people with the potential to successfully complete their program and become leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit, human sense and internationally competitive.
Academic background: Master’s degree in an area related to the research lines of the program.
Face to Face
4 years (full time)
Prove he/she has attained high level theoretical and methodological knowledge in Computer Science, applicable to any practical situation.
Conduct research in his/her area of specialization that yields relevant, novel knowledge to the the state-of-the-art in Computer Science.
Communicate findings of their professional work in a clear, effective, and efficient manner.
Be an active part of the professional and scientific community of his/her area of specialization showing leadership in an efficient, collaborative and ethical way.
Lines of Generation and Knowledge Application
The lines of Generation and Knowledge Application (LGAC) that are worked in the research groups of the program are described below:
1. Bio-inspired Algorithms. This line of research focuses on the development, extension and modification of algorithms and methods to solve complex problems by systematizing the informal solutions in heuristic and mathematical models.
2. Machine Learning Models This line focuses on the research of computational learning models to predict or identify behaviors about a data set or input examples, and that leads to better decision- making.
3. Data Science and Applied Mathematics The line of research in data science and applied mathematics studies aspects related to data processing and statistical analysis, as well as to the domain of discourse knowledge, with the purpose of extracting data knowledge, generally of large volume (big data) and which may or may not be structured. This line is complemented by the first two to structure the solution to major problems of the modern life such as food supply, water, energy, health, safety, etc.
4. Bioinformatics and Biomedic. This line of research focuses in the development of algorithms and experiments for analyzing, identifying and validating biomarkers, disease diagnosis (including cancer) and processes for the differentiation of stem cells. Additionally, and regarding to genomics, the studies are orienting to analyze, identify and validate mutations, genetic alterations and epigenetics for several diseases, and the use of genomic technologies and new-generation sequencing (NGS). In Biomedic, the control and signal processing are studied, especially EEGs, MRIs and the generation of new biomedical devices.