The Master in Architecture and Urban Design responds to the need to transform our cities into resilient, healthy, just, and sustainable places. The program proposes to face the urban challenges of climate change, migration, inequality, and accelerated growth through tools and methodologies focused on the design and management of multi-scale projects that will impact the regeneration of ecological systems in built environments.
The above will promote the integration of groups of professionals interested in the possibilities found in urban design and planning, as well as in areas related to social sciences, natural resources and engineering. Consequently, the program seeks to create, maintain, and strengthen the interrelationships between the physical, built environment, and the social, economic and political institutions that create urban areas.
The Master of Architecture and Urban Design is directly related to the Vision 2030 of the Tecnológico de Monterrey, where the Institute has identified global trends that are redefining education. Among them, Open Cities stands out, which is focused on meeting the need to respond to rapid urbanization and the concentration of talent and value in cities. Likewise, the program addresses the recognized challenge of training the next generation of innovative citizens who take advantage of the resources of their communities, improve their environment and raise the quality of life.
In this Vision, among others, there are two differentiating pillars where the program contributes:
• As a driving force in the transformation of cities and communities. Which focuses on understanding how cities and migratory movements have evolved. In addition to recognizing urbanization as one of the fundamental transformations in the history of humanity, as well as the challenges and opportunities that the rapid growth of cities brings with it.
• The person at the center to create a sustainable world. Who seeks to understand the individual as a being interconnected with his environment, who lives in harmony with the world and puts his abilities at the service of others.
The Master of Architecture and Urban Design is a program that aims to train professionals that:
• Are promoters of cities transformation change based on a critical-purposeful understanding of the environment challenges and opportunities.
• Develop urban scale projects, thus taking advantage of the use of technological, participatory, and creative tools in the formulation of strategies or projects applicable to different scales and contexts.
The Master of Architecture and Urban Design is mainly aimed at applicants who have architecture, urbanism, sustainability and environment, ecology, and civil engineering disciplinary foundations. It is also planned for sociology, management, economics, political science, engineering, and community administration professionals, when they have developed a minimum two year experience in Program related subjects to focus on an interdisciplinary urban problems study and their interventions.
Comply with the comprehensive evaluation required in the admission process, through an interview conducted by the admissions committee of the graduate program. In addition, the following is necessary:
*The admission process may change without prior notice from the Admissions Committee
**Admission is the first step: then you can enroll in your graduate program of interest.
Tecnológico de Monterrey seeks to integrate in all its graduate programs a new generation of students who have completed their undergraduate studies and who are distinguished by being: talented enthusiastic people, committed to their environment development and society the well-being; people who have the potential to successfully complete their graduate program and become leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit, human sense, and internationally competitive.
Therefore, for admission, the applicant participates in a comprehensive selection process that considers:
- Admission Test to Postgraduate Studies (PAEP) result.
- Professional-level study grades general average.
- Each School may have additional requirements.
The Master of Architecture and Urban Design is based on a gradual competencies construction, in a high academic rigor context, from the aggregation of various knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes based on a more granular course design. After completing their studies, the graduate will be able to: